Location: Special Collections, Hesburgh Library
Are you planning to go on an archival research trip over Winter break? Then this workshop is for you. Notre Dame Special Collections is offering its Archival Research Workshop on Tuesday, November 14, 2:30-3:45 in Special Collections (Library 102). The workshop is a hands-on session. We will give you experience working with a variety of formats such as letters, newspapers, books, and other materials and will provide some tips about doing archival research.
Here's what we aim to offer:
- How to handle materials safely
- What information and details to look for on various types of materials
- Some basic archival vocabulary
- What to expect when you get to the archives or special collections
- Tips for keeping track and organizing your research findings
- Tips for the research trip itself (before you go, while you're there, and after you get home)
Tuesday, November 14, 2017
If you have any questions, want more information, or have special needs, please email either Rachel Bohlmann, American History Librarian, or Julie Tanaka, Western European History Librarian and Curator of Rare Books.