The Hesburgh Libraries proudly offers a research and writing program co-sponsored with the University Writing Center. Dissertation & Thesis Camp is a week-long writing retreat that will give participants a chance to focus exclusively on their dissertation/thesis project with few distractions. Dissertation Camp is a five-day commitment, March 7-11, during which your participation is expected between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm. Coffee, tea, lunch, and snacks are provided.
The application window closes on February 23, 2022. Click here to submit your application.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Jumpstart or move forward in their research and writing process
- Work in dedicated spaces in the Hesburgh Library
- Consult with their subject librarians
- Consult with University Writing Center tutors
- Consult with the dissertation editor from the Graduate School
- Engage with colleagues and other graduate divisions to learn best practices from peers
- Form communities of practice to engage in the camp process after camp's conclusion
Applicants will be notified of their application status beginning Monday, February 28. Applicants MUST then register as soon as possible to confirm their seat and to permit appropriate organization of the camp.
Related LibGuide: Graduate Student Thesis & Dissertation and Senior Thesis Camp