Teach-in and discussion about the Supreme Court and Indiana’s new abortion ban.
Join a panel of local health care providers and reproductive care advocates for a teach-in and discussion about the recent Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Supreme Court decision and Indiana’s new abortion ban.
Presenters will address the impacts of abortion criminalization on our communities and institutions. Guided by a commitment to intersectionality, the discussion will center on the ways that racism, economic injustice, and geography shape both the impacts of abortion restrictions and movements to resist them.
Co-sponsored by the Indiana University South Bend Women’s and Gender Studies program, and the University of Notre Dame Gender Studies Program and Institute on Race and Resilience.
- Maureen Bauer, Indiana State Representative for the 6th District
- Sharon Lau, Midwest Advocacy Director at Whole Woman’s Health Alliance
- Taylor Martin, Assistant Director of Health Equity at St Joseph County Health Dept
- Kimberly Greene Reeves, Director of Community Impact with Beacon Health Systems
- Eli Williams, Former Director of the LGBTQ Center
Originally published at genderstudies.nd.edu.