Afro Latinx Poster Final Web
Join Notre Dame's Institute for Latino Studies and the Initiative on Race and Resilience for an incredible event that will bring together 12 poets and scholars from across the United States. From September 27-28, they will have presentations, discussions, and performances that highlight the diversity of contemporary poetry.
Poets in attendance include:
- Roberto Carlos Garcia, author of What Can I Tell You?Selected Poems and the essay collection Traveling Freely, among other books
- Darrel Alejandro Holnes, author of Migrant Psalms and Stepmotherland
- Raina J. León, author of black god mother this body and Boogeyman Dawn, among other books
- Jasminne Mendez, author of City Without Altar and Islands Apart: Becoming Dominican American, among other books
- Yesenia Monitilla, author of The Pink Box and Muse Found in a Colonized Body
- John Murillo, winner of the Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award and author of Up Jump the Boogie and Kontemporary Amerikan Poetry
All of the events will take place in McKenna Hall Conference Center.